Do not try to guess what “looks good” to health professional schools. Instead, get the most you can out of your undergraduate education.
It is who you are, and how well educated you are when you get into the health professional school, that is important.
- Take elective courses that are meaningful and interesting to you.
- Include courses in the arts and humanities.
In addition to the above, we suggest that students take advantage of the 7-week, 2-course interim program in London (May-June) (INDS 245: Ethical and Social Issues in Healthcare in the UK and in the US).
Students should also consider:
- A&S 222 Medical Anthropology
- Biol 213 Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
- Biol 251 Human Physiology (HPAC recommended)
- Biol 274 Bioinformatics
- Biol 340 Molecular Medicine
- CM 151 Introduction to Computational Science
- NSc 201 Introduction to Neuroscience
- Phys 220 Medical and Biological Physics
- Psych 240 Health Psychology
- Rel 223 Religion and Medicine
- FYS courses with health care-related topics and course content
- Any other course offerings with health related content
- Minoring in Health Care and Society
Health Professions Calendar of Events
- Sep 2 Health Professions Program: 1st Year Student Information Session
- Sep 16 Health Professions Program: 2nd Year Student Information Program
- Sep 30 Health Professions Program: Juniors and Seniors Pre-application Meeting
- Oct 13 Trip to the National Institutes of Health
- Nov 4 Health Professions Program: Juniors and Seniors Application Meeting