Did you know that you can become a healthcare professional without being a science major? In fact, you can graduate with any major or minor offered at Lafayette including English, music, philosophy, economics, and government & law as well as the more traditional science and engineering majors. Our Health Professions Program provides you with guidance and resources as you plan for your future matriculation to medical, dental, optometry, or veterinary school.
Learn about required and elective coursework, and other experiential opportunities that will help you become a competitive applicant for health profession schools.Read more
During the fall semester, we hold application meetings that are designed to prepare you for applying to health profession schools during the upcoming summer. Important formsRead more
Review information regarding your official application for medical, dental, optometry, and veterinary schools.Read more
Health Professions Calendar of Events
- Jan 28 Health Professions Program: Getting Started on your Personal Statement
- Feb 10 'The Ebola Nurse': Quarantining the 'African Virus'
- Feb 26 Health Professions Interviews: Key Resources, Practical Tips, & Alumni Advice
- Mar 26 Strategies for Selecting Health Professions Schools
- Apr 16 Health Professions Program: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions Presentation