In addition to opportunities listed through Career Services and the CareerSpot, students should consider opportunities made available through the NAAHP and AAMC websites as well as the opportunities listed below. Please note that the opportunities listed below were compiled by Syracuse University.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Chemical Society
- The American Cancer Society
- U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science Education Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) – formerly ENRULF; fall, spring and summer programs available
- The Environmental Careers Organization (ECO) Inc.
- Explore Health Careers
- Health Care Career Enrichment Programs A comprehensive, national database of summer and academic year enrichment programs
- Howard Hughes Medical Research Institute (Janelia’s Summer Scholar Program)
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB)
- Internships in Wildlife Conservation & Rehabilitation
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International
- The Leadership Alliance A consortium of colleges and universities, promoting the education and participation of underrepresented students in graduate studies
- The Lehigh Valley Zoo lists various internship opportunities for students who would like to work with animals as well as administrative opportunities.
- National Alliance of Research Associates Programs (NARAP)
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences is part of the National Institutes of Health. The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) works to reduce human illness from environmental causes through research, prevention and intervention efforts, and communication.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Cancer Institute at Frederick (NCI-Frederick) part of the NIH
- National Science Foundation (NSF) A large number of research opportunities exist for undergraduate students through its REU Sites program
- Partners HealthCare An employer providing internships, research, and career opportunities throughout Eastern Massachusetts. Find out about positions at hospitals and member organizations by visiting this on-line database and individual hospital websites.
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates Program (REU) Also see the National Science Foundation link above
- Research Associates (RA) Programs Research Associates (RAs) are college students and graduates who volunteer one 4-hour shift per week in the emergency department as participant enrollers and data collectors for clinical studies. Within the structure of research, RAs have meaningful interactions with hundreds of patients and visitors in the “safety net” of health care, and emergency medicine.
- Remote Area Medical (RAM) Volunteer Corps is dedicated to providing free health care, dental care, eye care, veterinary services, and technical and educational assistance to people in remote areas of the United States and the world. Volunteers participate in expeditions (at their own expense) in some of the world’s most exciting places. New England Consortium for Undergraduate Science Education has funded the production of a guide to summer research opportunities available to undergraduate students in science, mathematics, and engineering.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Summer Undergraduate Research Programs in Neuroscience and Biomedical Sciences
- Undergraduate Summer Research Opportunities
- Upstate Medical University Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program
- The Veterinary Exploration Through Science (VETS) Program At UPENN
- AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America) places individuals with community-based agencies to help find long-term solutions to the problems caused by urban and rural poverty.
- Amigos de las Americas
- The Center for International Service Learning for the Academic Community
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- Child Family Health International (CHFI)
- Cross-Cultural Solutions
- Doctors for Global Health Promoting health and human rights
- Doctors Without Borders Promoting health and human rights
- Earthwatch Earthwatch pairs volunteers all over the world in a wide variety of field-based research. Volunteers participate at their own expense and fees are tax-deductible.
- Global Service Corps
- Health Volunteers Overseas
- Institution for International Cooperation and Development
- International Health Electives
- International Medical Volunteers Assn.
- i-to-i Volunteer, work, and teach abroad
- Jubilee Network Promoting health and human rights
- Minority Access Internship Program Paid internships with the federal government and elsewhere
- Operation Smile
- Partners in Health Promoting health and human rights
- Peace Corps
- Physicians for Human Rights
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Health Professions Calendar of Events
- No events are scheduled.